22.12.18

2018, livros



A filha perdida, Elena Ferrante
Que bobagem pensar que é possível falar de si mesmo aos filhos antes que eles tenham pelo menos cinquenta anos. Querer ser vista por eles como uma pessoa e não como uma função. Dizer: sou sua história, vocês começam comigo, escutem, pode ser útil.

The unreal and the real, Ursula K. LeGuin
When it put me into the baby maze yesterday, I could not move. The power of speech was all but gone (I am dancing this, of course, in my mind; “the best maze is the mind,” the old proverb goes) and I simply crouched there, silent. After a while it took me out again, gently enough. There is the ultimate perversity of its behavior it has never once touched me cruelly.
It set me down in the prison, locked the gate, and filled up the trough with inedible food. Then it stood two-legged, looking at me for a while.
Its face is very mobile, but if it speaks with its face I cannot understand it, that is too foreign a language.


My favorite thing is monsters, Emil Ferris


Ensaio sobre a lucidez, José Saramago
Entretanto, andaremos para aqui às apalpadelas, às cegas, queixou-se o presidente. O silêncio foi daqueles que embotariam o gume da mais afiada das facas. Sim, às cegas, repetiu sem se aperceber do constrangimento geral. Do fundo da sala, ouviu-se a voz tranquila do ministro da cultura, Tal como há quatro anos.

How to be both, Ali Smith
[...] this place is full of people who have eyes and choose to see nothing, who all talk into their hands as they peripatate and all carry these votives, some the size of a hand, some the size of a face or a whole head, dedicated to saints perhaps or holy folk, and they look or talk to or pray to these tablets or icons all the while by holding them next to their heads or stroking them with fingers and staring only at them, signifying they must be heavy in their despairs to be so consistently looking away from their world and so devoted to their icons.

Menção honrosa para Her body and other parties, Carmen Maria Machado; The power, Naomi Alderman; As coisas que perdemos no fogo, Mariana Enriquez e House of leaves, Mark Z. Danielewsky.

[os outros estão aqui.]

Nenhum comentário: