16.12.08

livros de 2008

etc etc, livros:

incredibly close and extremely loud, j.s.foer

'How about microphones? What if everyone swallowed them, and they played the sounds of our hearts through little speakers, which could be in the pouches of our overalls? (...) One weird thing is, I wonder if everyone's hearts would start to beat at the same time, like how women who live together have their menstrual periods at the same time, which I know about, but don't really want to know about.'





as intermitências da morte, j.saramago

'Se tivesse mandado a ti, com esse teu gosto pelos métodos expeditivos, a questão já estaria resolvida, mas os tempos mudaram muito ultimamente, há que actualizar os meios e os sistemas, pôr-se a par das novas tecnologias, por exemplo, utilizar o correio eletrónico, tenho ouvido dizer que é o que há de mais higiénico, que não deixa cair borrões nem mancha os dedos, além disso é rápido, no mesmo instante em que a pessoa abre o outlook express da microsoft já está filada'





at swim, two boys, j.o'neill

"I miss him, aye," he said. "He was pal o' me heart,so he was. I try not to think of him, only I can't get him off my mind. He's with me always day and night. I do see him places he's never been, in the middle of a crowd I see him. His face looks out from the top of a tram, a schoolboy wouldn't pass but I'm thinking it's him. I try to make him go away, for I'm a soldier now and I'm under orders. But he's always there and I'm desperate to hold him. I doubt I'm a man except he's by me."





everything is illuminated, j.s.foer

'I must inform you something now. This is a thing I have never informed anyone, and you must promise that you will not inform it to one soul. I have never been carnal with a girl. I know. I know. You cannot believe it, but all of the stories that I told you about my girls who dub me All night, Baby, and Currency were all not-truths, and they were not befitting not-truths. I think I manufacture these not-truths because it makes me feel like a premium person.'





maurice, e.m.forster

"I was yours once till death if you cared to keep me, but I'm someone else's now- I can't hang about whining for ever- and he's mine in a way that shocks you, but why don't you stop being shocked, and attend to your own happines?"

No comments: